Jeffrey T. Brei – Tucson Lawyer
Jeff graduated from Salpointe Catholic High School in Tucson, Arizona in 1988. In 1993, Jeff earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of Arizona. Thereafter, Jeff attended California Western School of Law in San Diego, California. Jeff earned his Juris Doctorate in 1997.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
With years of experience as a Tucson Lawyer, Jeff’s Real Estate practice includes disputes over:
- Purchase and sale of commercial and residential properties.
- Undisclosed defects.
- Landlord/Tenant disputes.
- Homeowner Association/Neighbor disputes.
- Boundary disputes.
- Property Owner/Lender disputes.
- Real property title disputes.
- Preparation and review of all purchase, sale and lease documents.
Jeff’s Business practice includes disputes over:
- Payment for services.
- Claims for defective work.
- Partner disputes.
- Corporations and limited liability companies.
- Purchase and sale of businesses and their assets.
Jeff’s Construction practice involves disputes over:
- Construction defects.
- Payment disputes.
- Delay claims.
- Warranty claims.
- Lien claims.
- Arizona Registrar of Contractor license issues.
Jeff’s Personal Injury practice involves representation of injured parties.
Jeff practices before all State and Federal Courts in Arizona as well as the Office of Administrative Hearings in matters involving Arizona Registrar of Contractors Complaints.
Jeff has provided a number of presentations for groups on current legal issues encountered in everyday practice.
- The Ins and Outs of Arizona’s Statutory Protections Against Harassment presented April 20, 2016, at the Pima County Bar Association, Tucson, Arizona.
- Purchaser Dwelling Actions After July 3, 2016 presented October 2, 2016 at the Pima County Bar Association, Tucson, Arizona.
- Real Estate – The Roadmap to Obtaining a Deficiency Judgment presented June 19, 2012 at the 3rd Annual National Buying and Selling Distressed Mortgages Portfolios Forum, New York, New York.
- Construction Defect Litigation and the Registrar of Contractors presented February 10, 2012 to the State Bar of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.
- Knowing When A Mortgage is in Default presented March 30, 2011 to Business Networks at the 2011 “A Gathering of Eagles”, Tucson, Arizona.
- Arizona Construction Defect Litigation – A Case Study presented on October 6, 2010, to the Real Estate Section of the Arizona State Bar, Tucson, Arizona.
- Arizona Contracts and Foreclosure 101 presented September 21, 2010 to the Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Tucson, Tucson, Arizona.
- Commercial Real Estate Foreclosure presented August 10, 2010 to CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) Institute, Tucson, Arizona.
- Arizona Registrar of Contractors – Navigating the Road to the Recovery Fund presented March 18, 2010 to the Pima County Bar Association and on May 12, 2010 to the Real Estate Section of the Arizona State Bar, Tucson, Arizona.
- Arizona’s Real Estate Contracts – Protecting the Bottom Line by Knowing the Fine Print presented on March 4, 2010 to NOVA Home Loans, Tucson, Arizona.
- Construction Contracts – Allowances, Alternates and Addendums presented March 3, 2010 to the American Society of Professional Estimators, Tucson, Arizona.
- Real Estate Agency presented on April 28, 2008 to the Pima County Bar Association, Tucson, Arizona.
- Current Issues in New Home Construction presented April 28, 2007 to NALS of Arizona.
- Jeff also served as an Arizona Department of Real Estate Certified Instructor at Brodsky School of Real Estate from 2007 – 2011 lecturing on the following topics:
- Real Estate Broker and Agent’s Fiduciary Duties to Clients in a Real Estate Transaction.
- Due Dilligence.
- Failure to Disclose
- Duties regarding the Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement.